General Services Administration (GSA)/Rewards Management System (SAM) is experiencing delays
The General Services Administration (GSA)/Rewards Management System (SAM) is experiencing delays in processing certain private entity registration information for new enrollees, updates to existing entity registrations, and annual renewals.
If you are unable to upload your application to Grants.gov by the funding opportunity closing date due to issues with these delays and are still awaiting a response to your SAM support ticket. gov pending, USDA/NIFA will accept your application through the following process. Please note that this process is only valid for the issues listed above and is a Once occurrence. Additionally, please allow sufficient time for your SAM.gov issue to be resolved before using the alternate submission process.
In these circumstances, submissions received by email before 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on the funding opportunity’s end date will be considered if EVERYTHING the following information is provided in a single email sent to [email protected] and the program contact listed in the funding opportunity:
- A valid copy of the SAM.gov Help Desk ticket.
- All application forms and other items required by the applicant for the NIFA grant funding opportunity in Adobe PDF format. These forms and materials can be found in the grant application package.
- If you have a Grants.gov workspace account with access to funding opportunity application forms, we recommend that you download the fillable PDF forms from the Grants.gov workspace for the opportunity. funding for which you are applying. Instructions can be found on Grants.gov below.
- If you are unable to access the Grants.gov workspace or complete your application in the Grants.gov workspace, upload the funding opportunity materials through the “Search for Grants” tab by top of the Grants.gov home page. See step-by-step instructions below.
If you have any problems downloading the forms or other elements of the funding opportunity, please contact us at [email protected]
After you submit your application, a NIFA representative will
- Inform you that the application file has been received,
- Verify that the SAM.gov ticket is valid, and
3. Confirm that all documents in the application package are included.
Yes EVERYTHING application package materials are submitted per the instructions above along with a valid SAM.gov issuance ticket 5 p.m. Eastern Time on the due date of the funding opportunity, the application will then be accepted and forwarded to the program for review.
A NIFA representative will contact you if further action is needed after your SAM.gov issue is resolved.
For more information or questions:
- Delays experienced by GSA/SAM or to submit a trouble ticket, please go to Sam.gov.
- Application Submission Questions Email: [email protected]
- If you have any questions about the program you are applying to, email the contact listed in the funding opportunity.
“Find Grants” and download instructions on the funding opportunity package items
1. Go to the “Search for Grants” tab on the Grants.gov home page here or click on the search for grants link here.
2. At the bottom left of the page, go to the AGENCY selection box
a. Select the + next to All Ministry of Agriculture
b. Select the National Institute of Food and Agriculture box [USDA-NIFA]
3. Click on the opportunity number you are applying to
4. You will be redirected to the grant opportunity view page.
a. Select Related Documents to download funding opportunity information
b. Select Package to download “read-only” Adobe PDF application forms
5. On the Package screen, go to the Actions column and select Preview
6. Click on the forms link to download the application forms
Note: If you would like to download a fillable version of the Adobe PDF form, you can find the necessary form on the Grants.gov Forms tab, select Family R&R from the drop-down menu, or by clicking the link here.